Three blocks were posted this week for Lori Holt's Bee Happy Sew Along and I have them done. This is a close up of the Coral Flower Block--I went with pinks for mine.
Here is my top with the fourth row added.
My fifth row is awaiting the last two blocks that should post tomorrow.
I am also keeping up with the Spelling Bee Sew Along brought to us by Lori Holt and the Fat Quarter Shop.
The last three weeks, we have sewn letters, but this week we ventured into making some of the picture blocks. I whipped up this deliciously red apple
and this cute bee. My blocks will finish six inches.
I got the best new recipe from my friend Amber. It is for Jalapeño Popper Chicken Chili--it is so good, I am going to share it here for your enjoyment and so I can easily find it the next time I want to make it.
Jalapeno Popper Chicken Chili Recipe
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion--diced
- 5 jalapeños--diced with the seeds removed
- 3 cloves garlic--minced
- salt & pepper
- 1 1/4 lbs chicen breasts cut bite-sized
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 1 1/2 c chicken broth
- 1 can of corn--drained
- 1 can of white beans--drained
- 1 lb bacon--cooked & crumbled
- 8 oz cream cheese
- In a large saucepan heat 2 tbsp olive oil over medium heat, saute onions, jalapeños, and garlic until tender.
- Season chicken with salt & pepper and add to the pan. Add 1 tbsp olive oil with chili powder, cumin, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Toss chicken in spices and brown on all sides.
- Stir in tomatoes, broth, corn, and beans. Increase heat and bring it to a simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in cream cheese and half of the bacon and remove from heat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with cheddar cheese and bacon.
Trust me, this is incredible and super easy to make!
I made this Pumpkin Block way back at the beginning of September, but I just got around to turning it into a pillow. This is a 12 inch pumpkin block from Farm Girl Vintage by Lori Holt. Pillows are a quick way to use up leftover and/or random blocks.
I completed my October OMG! I can only show you the back of the quilt. It will be unveiled on the Fat Quarter Shop blog and my blog on Friday! The bright red minky backing is so soft--it was so cozy to bind it.
I will be binding another project this evening while watching some football.