Saturday, November 15, 2014

What Have I Been Up To?


My week started with the arrival of this "Up Parasol" fat quarter bundle from Shabby Fabrics https://www.shabbyfabrics.com I won them on Kelly's blog http://myquiltinfatuation.blogspot.com they are one of her sponsors. I made a quilt with these fabrics on commission for my sister and jumped at the chance to have some the fabrics for myself. Thank you Kelly and Shabby Fabrics!
I got my November BOM for the "Journey of a Quilter" pieced in one evening, so it will be ready for the embroidery. I think I only have one more block on the way...I better get moving on my embroidery!
I made my Little Letters S blocks and I plan on making my T and U blocks tomorrow when the U directions post.
I kept making Coffee Koozies for Christmas gifts. I have been cutting up some Bonnie and Camille fabrics for more.
I finished my wool felt fence block for my "Love Blooms Here" BOM.
I went to a Father-Daughter dance at one of my school's last night with my dad.  My daughter, Heather, who was sick still managed to curl my hair and do my make up. I am only as tall as her in this picture because I have 5 inch heels on!
I got five other teachers to bring their dads too. I hope to get pictures back soon as there was a photographer there and my mom took some pictures. It was very sweet to see kindergartners dancing with their daddies. It was also very sweet of my dad to come with me!!! Here is the pretty corsage he gave me. The girls really got a kick out of seeing the teachers with their dads and us dancing the chicken dance, limbo, etc.--think of a bad wedding music disc jockey!
Today, I finished the last block for my "Love Blooms Here" BOM and I got my whole top together! I apologize for the bad picture, but it was after dark when I got it done and I had to settle for indoor pictures.
I am really pleased with this one! I am planning on hanging it up for Valentine's Day, but I love how it is not all done in reds and can stay up past the holiday. The only materials I bought for this was the rose print that is on the corners of the word blocks, a couple of small yellow wool felt pieces for the sunflowers, and a subscription to Quiltmaker magazine for the designs-- all of the rest was from my stash. I think I even found a brushed cotton backing in my stash. I would love to start hand quilting this for Slow Sunday Stitching, but I need to finish my Christmas Tree skirt first.
 It is going pretty quickly with large, primitive, perle cotton stitches just around the pieces.
I have 25% of it done, so you know what I will be working on for Slow Sunday Stitching. Get more handwork inspiration here http://kathysquilts.blogspot.com It is supposed to snow tonight and be cold tomorrow--perfect quilting weather!

25 comments:

  1. Congrats on winning that fabric. I saw your name on Kelly's blog. It's always nice to know the winner. I hope you can make something nice for yourself. It sounds like you've been busy lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! you have so much done! Wonderful things.
    and I first thought you and your daughter are twins. You both look fantastic! Looking forward to the pictures of the ball.
    greetings, Rike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tonya, Is your Journey BOM one you recieve monthly in the mail??? You Love Blooms Here....looks fantastic. You sure keep yourself busy. Love that you went to the Father Daughter dance...how fun!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Love Blooms here quilt. You and your daughter could be twins..I agree with Rike! Those kids must have got a kick of your teachers with your dads, yes. What a great idea : ) So much pretty fabric, flowers etc in this one ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great finish with the Love Blooms quilt. Lots of hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHat a great picture with your sister... I mean your daughter!! LOL
    How sweet of your father to come with you to the dance... what a fun idea!
    Enjoy your stitching today! Your Love Blooms quilt top looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You must have been 10 when you had your daughter!
    Boy you've been busy. Your Love Blooms is awesome. And your Christmas tree skirt is cute too. I was supposed to get a couple made before this Christmas...guess there's always next.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on winning the fabric. I really like your Christmas tree skirt and Love Blooms Here. The latter is definitely not holiday specific. Beautiful.
    Father/Daughter dance....great at any age.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My word you don't look like mother and daughter! Lovely projects too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how your love blooms quilt turned out! It will perfect for Valentines day! I bet your Dad really enjoyed the special time together. Great pic with your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love all the quilting work that you show - and I bet you had fun time with your dad!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a lovely win - well done.
    Looks like you have been very busy with sewing and dancing. What a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that Heather Bailey fabric - lucky you. I also love the idea of dancing with my dad.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That dance sounds so fun, and the Up Parasol fabric is terrific. And look at the quilt all together now! I love it - especially that adorable sheep and the flower fence.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on the win and beautiful photo of you before the dance!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your quilts and projects! You and your daughter could be sisters. Congratulations on the fabric, too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's a great quilt top Tanya! How sweet that you and your dad went to the dance together!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great fabrics you won in the giveaway! I love you Love Bloom Here quilt!! Really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You and your daughter look fabulous. Such a pretty pair! You have been such a busy bee! Love all your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, so many great projects! Your Love Blooms Here is beautiful -- fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is great you went to the dance with your Dad. the kids must of been astounded! Love your stitching on the Christmas one. And your Bloom quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful work, and wondeful stories this week. I love seeing what you are up to. Thanks for linking up to Building Blocks Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!