Sunday, September 14, 2014

Sunday Smorgasbord

 Letter C of the Little Letters alphabet quilt over at Temecula Quilt Co. posted this morning. Here is the link http://temeculaquiltco.blogspot.com/2014/09/little-letters-c.html
 Here are my more manly/country colored letters
 and my bright ABC's. I think these will be fabulous baby quilts! I know that Val is making these over at http://myplvl.blogspot.com and we would love to know who else is working on them. Maybe we can start a link up and encourage each other to stick with them...
It is Sunday, so it is time for Slow Sunday Stitching and football. I am working on hand quilting the background for a perpetual calendar with perle cotton.
I decided to use black perle cotton which is a risk for me because my sloppy stitches will show more, but all the numbers for the calendar are outlined with black perle cotton too. I think it will all tie together this way. See what everyone else in the slow stitching world is up to here http://kathysquilts.blogspot.com
 I am going to a wedding in a couple of weeks for one of the teacher's I work with, so I of course need to make a wedding quilt. I have been to her current home, but her fiancé has purchased them a different home that I have not seen. She revealed at her bridal shower last night that she moved the curtains from her current home to the new home. Her current home is country with blues, reds, greens, browns, etc. So, I started digging in my UFOs and found four blocks that I inherited from my sister. I have know idea the block's name, but it measures 10 inches and will go together fairly quickly.
I figure a decent size lap quilt will need a total of 30 blocks set 5 x 6 which means I need to make 26 more blocks. I started digging in my scrap bins and cutting away. If everything is cut, I should be able to make a few blocks every night this week and have a completed top next weekend. 

It truly is a Smorgasbord of quilting going on over here at my house. I will be participating in the Around the World Blog Hop tomorrow, and I have invited quilters from near and far to join me. 

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder about the letter sew along.... I wanted to join in but forgot about it! Congrats on being bold and stitching in black!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the black perle cotton stitiches!!! Also got a hoot out of all your strings hanging on your "wedding" blocks...that is so how I do it! Hope people join us for the Little Letters...they are so quick and easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your big black quilt stitches are just fine. It will go quickly. How generous to give a wedding quilt to a teacher friend. It will hold special meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know the name of that star block, but I love it! What a nice gift that will make! And the letters ... Cute, cute, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think a linky for the ABC's would be great. I hope to catch up tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stitching is quite neat and pretty! :)

    Those alphabet blocks are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your ABCs are coming along great! Love the colours I see in the wedding quilt. As for the black stitching, it is a perfect way to tie everything in. It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your friend will love her wedding quilt and your big stitch is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the inspiration for the Little Letters QAL. I took a chance and started my first letter yesterday. You can find a new blogpost on my blog today. I'll link it if you start a linkup.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You will never be bored with so many different projects on the go! You are a woman after my own heart!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!