Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Major Mess Up!

So I thought I was totally rocking my orange peels yesterday. I had sewed 100 of them of the 120 I was making when I discovered, I sewed them wrong!!! I was really tempted to just throw the whole mess away, but I have spent all day today ripping out the seams that I incorrectly sewed the light weight interfacing on with. I have 20 more to go...What a pain!
 After all the ripping, there was no way to salvage the light weight interfacing. I decided to just trace and attach Wonder Under and fuse the orange peels on and attach by machine with a buttonhole stitch. I intend to make my orange peels into a baby quilt, so this will be more washable too.
I am continuing to work on my Quilty Stitches from Little Miss Shabby. I am in love with how it is looking. It has been really hot and messing up my sewing mojo lately. I do have a deadline for my Woodland ABC quilt, so I must get it quilted and bound ASAP. Hopefully, I can get my sewing mojo back before I have to get back to work!

13 comments:

  1. Oh, no! What a shame!
    Don't let it stop you. Just jump in again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no. Hope your orange peels work out. Your cross stitch is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Tanya, I don't think I could have been able to face that. It is best though to get back up on that horse as fast as you can. You can be really proud that you saved all your pieces!
    Your cross stitched project looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quilters are so resilient. Good for you for staying the course. You will be happy with the finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I know how you feel, it is super frustrating to be almost done and have to rip all of your stitches and start again. Good for you for staying positive and saving your project. Your cross stitch project is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no, that is too bad about your orange peels! It sounds like Plan B will work, though. Love your cross-stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seam rippers and sewers/quilters are great friends for a reason! Sometimes a little mistake yields new inspiration! I love the Quilty Stitches you are working on - I might have to look into that as cross-stitch is my first love and the graphic quilt blocks look awesome. (btw I am dropping by through Inspire Us Thursday)

    ReplyDelete
  8. what went wrong? the revised plan might work out better anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh bummer. Well I figure we all have been there, know I have. It should be worth thou.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you didn't throw them away, a rework always reminds me to slow down and pay a little more attention. Plus when I'm done I feel better for not quitting. You did good girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry it was a rough day, but you will be happier in the end that you didn't throw them away. Great stitching!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh , I feel for you .... But after it is completed, you will be so happy that you took the time to rework those orange peels! I love your Quilty Stitches! Looking so adorable!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  13. To get your mojo back, get in there, no matter how you are feeling, and just start. It is the 'doing' that is going to get it back in gear and the more you do, the better you'll feel and that is what you are looking for!

    Good for you not throwing out those pieces, and taking them apart. And I to think fusing them, especially for a baby quilt, is probably a very good choice.
    And I love your cross stitching. Looking good!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!