Monday, June 2, 2014

Birthday!

The past week I have been quilting my "Let It Snow" quilt with perle cotton. It measures 54x60 inches, so it is pretty big and can get hot to be under which is why I am trying to finish it up.

I have made it to the outer border and will probably finish that up tonight! I need to find a binding at the fabric store tomorrow. I am tempted to go up there this afternoon, but if I wait until tomorrow a delicious bakery will be open and I can bring something yummy home to share.

This is the woodland themed mug rug I made for my partner Karri as part of the Mug Rug Revival Swap on Flickr. I have not received my own yet, but I requested flowers.



Speaking of flowers, today is my birthday! My parents went out of town a couple of weeks ago, so they gave me a fat quarter bundle of Bonnie and Camille's Scrumptious line before they left!  I am so excited as I have completely fallen in love with the fabric in this line. I will have to come up with the perfect project for it...

Arriving in the mail today, my mother-in-law sent me a sweet box of goodies along with some money for my birthday too.
The book looks funny and will be my new bath tub/hot springs read since I can't use my Kindle there.

Isn't this sweet little card holder adorable? We have three dogs, so she thought it was perfect for me.




Also in today's mail was this cute selvage pin cushion from Jan. She was my Flickr Super Swaps partner. I made her the plus tote bag that disappeared in the mail, so I sent another one. Isn't this pin cushion fabulous? Yeah! What a nice thank you gift.

My mother-in-law requested that I buy myself something I wanted with my birthday money from her, so look what I pre-ordered!!! Bonnie and Camille's Miss Kate fat quarter bundle. It is not due out until August, but I want it so badly! A pre-order must, I say.

I will also splurge on the new Fiestaware color, Poppy. It is a reddish, orange color. I need some for my collection at least a dinner and lunch plate.

For my birthday, my hubby had my Singer treadle machine serviced and put in working order. I picked it up from the repair shop on Saturday. He is also refinishing the cabinet. I bought the machine when we first moved to Colorado nine years ago this month. It serves as a small table in my entryway, but it will soon be put to use for some sewing. I will get pictures posted as soon as it is done!

8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!! It looks like you're going to have a great day with all that new fabric. I'm sure you've got lots of ideas running around in your head at the moment. New fabric is always a welcomed gift in my house too. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very wonderful birthday!! I love Bonnie and Camille too...and collect fiestaware! (Must be a Gemini thing!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy, Happy Birthday!!! Have an awesome day...
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! some great fabricy pressies there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sweet mug rug you made! looks like you have some fantastic additions to your fabric stash, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! What fabulous fabrics! The mug rug is sweet. Looks like you have received some awesome gifts. Have fun with your treadle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Brithday, I love your presents, in fact I would be over the moon for either one of those bundles. But the card holder is just too cute and I would love to know where she got it.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!