Sunday, March 9, 2014

Sunny Slow Stitching Sunday

I made one of these simple drawstring bags for a swap. It went together so quickly, I decided to make Easter  bags using the pattern for my niece and nephew. Here is a link to the tutorial for the bag http://www.incolororder.com/2011/10/lined-drawstring-bag-tutorial.html
 
The embroidery design came as part of Happy Scrappy Spring BOM from this site http://thepaintedquilt.blogspot.com/. It is part of the last month's pattern.

 
It is gorgeous outside today, bright and sunny in the mid-50's. My hubby is doing garden preparations and my teenager is sprawled on a quilt on the lawn doing homework. I will finish this Easter bag and prep some wool felt handwork for a project I have in the works and try to get outside with my Kindle Paperwhite to enjoy some sunshine and a good book.

3 comments:

  1. Such a cute easter gift! Enjoy stitching the second one!
    Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely bag. Pretty embroidery. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!!! I can see a little girl, in her pretty Easter dress dancing around with this as it holds sweet treasures inside. Hope ya got to enjoy the sun!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!