Saturday, March 22, 2014

FNSI March 2013 & Charity Quilting

I have been trying to be productive on Friday nights and not just come home from work and lay around. Last night, I cut, fused, and appliqued all the initials on the book covers I need to make for my 5th grade students. I did sew some of the book covers together too. Then today, I assembled and sewed the rest and hand finished them and added the buttons on the book mark. I made 15 last night and today. I made another 1 last week and need to pick up fabric for the last 2. 16 down and 2 to go!

I woke up again stuffy this morning with a big sinus headache, so stayed in my sweats and did not leave my house. Tomorrow, I need to prep some more hand work for Slow Sunday Stitching and hope to work on my Goodnight Irene blocks. Here is the link to the Friday Night Sew In if you would like to see what others accomplished on Friday night
 
I also decided to sign up for the Hands 2 Help Charity Quilt Challenge. I plan to dig through some UFOs and finish up least one to send to Happy Chemo! With my brother in law battling brain cancer, it seems appropriate to send something to benefit other cancer patients. I have the button on my right side bar if you want to find out more information!

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful 5th grade teacher you are! The book covers and buttoned book markers are just the cutest... I hope your students know how lucky they are to have such a caring (and talented) teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness... you did have a productive FNSI and next day too. Your students are going to love their book covers. I still have the book I received from my fourth grade teacher for being the most improved reader. I treasured that book then and I still do. Teachers make such a life-long lasting impact in the hearts and mind of those they teach. Aloha blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! The book covers are wonderful - your students are very lucky! I hope they are inspired to read lots!! Best wishes to your brother in law - off to check out the charity quilting link!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!