Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Country Threads BOM Sampler 2013

For 2013, I participated in two BOM samplers. One from Country Threads and the other from Joined at the Hip. This is the Country Threads Sampler done! The only fabric I purchsed for it was the back and binding. Each month we made two blocks, one 12 inch and one 6 inch. I kept up with it and sewed it all together in December. I took it down to my mom's house a couple of weekends ago with the intention of long arm quilting it myself. We just sat hand stitching and chatting instead. She asked if she could show our friends that we (me only in the summer) quilt with on Mondays. I said of course.
Well they all decided that this sampler was too pretty for just my simple quilting loops. My mom took it to one of her amazing long arm quilter friends, Gail Smith of Montrose, Colorado, and she completely custom quilted it. Talk about and a stunning surprise!

She quilted each block differently. Now I wish I hadn't picked a busy backing. I always pick a busy backing to hide my own atrocious quilting. The detailed quilting is exquisite!

Look how she made a swirl in each 2 inch border square all by free hand.

The pictures just don't do the quilting justice!. Thank you to Country Threads for their free sampler pattern (they have a new design going by the way- I have not started it yet!) and a special thank you to my mom, you are too sweet!

23 comments:

  1. What a great surprise for you! That is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a fun sampler! I love that the blocks are different sizes

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful finish! Yes, the quilting is fantastic... but so is the quilt that YOU pieced together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tanya, Thank youfor leaving a comment on my blog. However, now thatyou are on Google+, you are now a no reply blogger. This is what I goton my email

    Tanya Fredrick noreply-comment@blogger.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a treasure! It is a gorgeous sampler and the quilting just sets each block off! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tanya! Your quilt is fantastic! Great pattern and beautiful Fabrics! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  7. The quilting is stunning, but only enhances your beautiful piecing. Great job! I love the two different sizes of blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful surprise!! The quilt is beautiful and the quilting is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a beauty! the quilting is really lovely, and I love the cozy look of it!

    Thank you so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  10. I often think I should participate in one of these sampler sew-alongs and use up some scraps but I never follow through. You did a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Tanya! I agree...a beautiful BOM! Love that you are your mom have quilting and sewing in common!! I didn't realize you were a teacher too! What grade do you teach?? I'm already making my summer project list!!! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing at Tuesday Archives under our Long arm quilting theme! Yours in a awesome inspiration!

      Delete
  12. Wow, it is gorgeous!! I was born in Delta Colorado, by the way...

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a great sampler, love it's scrappy look.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautifully done, the piecing and the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous! And all from stash too? A real winner and beautifully quilted.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!