Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Snow Day!

This is what it looks like out my front door this afternoon! We did have school today and it was a treacherous drive in, but the drive home was worse. Before I even made it home, I got a phone call that tomorrow is a snow day! You would think that we get snow days here in Colorado every year and most school districts do, but not ours. There has not been a snow day in over 20 years, so this is a very special occasion. I guess 10 inches today and more expected, plus icy conditions warranted our snow day tomorrow.

You can see my plowed driveway. We have a very large, circlular driveway and my poor hubby spent 3 hours plowing it today. I was able to pull my car straight into the garage where it will remain until I am forced to return to work. I am defrosting some ground meat right now and am planning to make a large pot of chili as my hubby requested for dinner. And of course I will be spending my luxurious snow day in my sewing room and not getting out of my pajamas--I think that's how all quilters should spend a snow day!!!! Stay warm and cozy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!