Sunday, September 29, 2013

Halloween!

I know September is not quite over, but I love love love Halloween. I hung this Halloween quilt up this morning. I just love how scrappy it is and of course my favorite embroidery with perle cotton. I made this probably over five years ago.
 I mixed black and orange perle cotton throughout the embroideries.
I quilted it with black perle cotton outlining every square and rectangle with primitive stitches.

Fall is definitely in the air. We had a freeze Friday night and that pretty much ended our garden. I roasted tomatoes frantically last night, washed and froze peppers, and roasted peppers this morning.

I joined my mom and some other ladies yesterday for the second day of their quilting retreat. I worked on my September Schnibbles and have the top almost done. I also got caught up on the ABC Block of the Week Quilt Along with Shush I'm Quilting. I will get those posted ASAP.  I am enjoying football today in my sewing room...How about you?

3 comments:

  1. I love the embroidery and the scrappy look of this quilt! Love to come back to see your tops finished.
    Love from Amsterdam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Embroidery and quilt are perfect matches and yours is wonderful. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love ALL your primitive quilts. Thanks for rejuvenating this post at Tuesday Archives!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!