Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Works In Progress Wednesday

The month is nearly half over and I have finished piecing my blocks for this month's Another Year of Schnibbles. The pattern is a brand new one called "Canasta" meaning baskets. I used some left over vegetable fabrics from making my mom her place mats for Mother's Day.  I also bought some cute little fruit prints to give it more variety. Kind of a "Summer's Bounty Baskets," I will have to name it that on a label. (Not that I am good at labeling my quilts, but Kelly over at My Quilt Infatuation is inspiring me to get in that good labeling habit. She even made a cool tutorial about making labels.)

Aren't the baskets adorable? I hope to get this top pieced this week, but I had to return to work today for meetings the rest of this week. I usually am pretty tired when we head back to work for the first couple of weeks, so there is no guarantee I will get it done!

Going back to work/school (I am a teacher) is pretty stressful at first. Establishing routines, getting up early, having to put my brain back to work, etc. takes their toll. In order to relax, after long, stressful days, I like to do mindless handwork while sipping an adult beverage in front of the TV. I am heading right into my sewing room to pin this embroidered wall hanging, so it will be ready for my form of therapy--mindless quilting with perle cotton. Thanks for stopping by! 



6 comments:

  1. I see you are a teacher! I like to blog about math as I am an educator as well! Good luck for the new school year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am bad at labeling my quilts, picking out names for my quilts are the hardest...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes your baskets are adorable! I am a retired teacher. So no stress anymore. Hope you have a good year with kind students!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a teacher, too, and getting ready to go back as well. I am "mourning" that I will have less time to sew - I've enjoyed that so much this summer. Love your embroidery! It is perfect for that mindless evening handwork!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those fruit and veggie basket blocks are so cute! Sewing is my therapy as well after a long day of teaching. I don't do handwork, but I just love my time at my machine!

    Thank you so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday, and thanks for the shout out on my quilt label tutorial!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute blocks and I love your embroidered wall hanging :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!